In this privacy-conscious world, any school can be affected by a breach of sensitive information on a parent, student or employee.
A Privacy Protection Policy approaches traditional network school liability with an innovative new alternative. This next-generation school insurance policy focuses on privacy liability arising out of lost computer equipment, network security breaches and human errors. It even covers schools from mistakes made by outside service providers.
CM Regent Insurance Company’s privacy protection also includes an identity theft response fund, broad network liability and other enhancements including internet media liability and cyber extortion, which are available by endorsement.
- Covers loss arising out of a school’s failure to protect sensitive personal or corporate information in any format
- Covers regulatory proceedings brought by a government agency alleging the violation of any state, federal or foreign identity theft or privacy protection legislation
Network Security Liability
- Covers the liability of a school arising out of the failure of network security, including unauthorized access or unauthorized use of school systems, a denial-of-service attack, or transmission of malicious code
Internet Media Liability
- Covers infringement of copyright or trademark, invasion of privacy, libel, slander, plagiarism or negligence arising out of the content on a school’s Internet website
Identity Theft Response Fund
- Covers expenses as required by law to notify students or parents whose sensitive personal information has been breached, as well as expenses to obtain legal, public relations or crisis management services to restore a school’s reputation
- Covers extortion monies and associated expenses arising out of a criminal threat to release sensitive information or bring down a network unless consideration is made.
This program is available through your local school insurance broker.
Contact us >